Company Name Candlemeleon
Products Entered Miami Art Deco
Tell us about your business Just another candle brand?
You’re probably thinking that it’s in a smoky black vase, and that there will be “hints of vanilla” or something seasonal. And you’re probably expecting that, if you get it as a gift, it’s suitably neutral because you’re difficult to buy for.
But that’s where you’re wrong.
Candlemeleon challenges all those tropes. We have gone back to the very essence of why people have enjoyed candles throughout time: sensual experiences.
- Pleasure: from the moment you receive a Candlemeleon candle, you know this is something special. Removing the outer sleeve, you are presented with a structured and textured box that is reminiscent of luxury gift from Bond Street.
- Touch: each candle is presented within a beautifully designed vase, textured with unique designs that hint at the scents within.
- Sound: once you light the woodwick, it crackles ever so gently as a soothing reminder of its presence.
- Smell: the fragrances have been carefully curated with gentle eau de parfum and eau de toilette notes, purposefully not cloying and reflecting the vases’ designs.
- Sight: each of the vases has been beautifully crafted with artwork from both nature and architecture. And as they warm, so the patterns themselves come to life unveiling intricate details within them.
Candlemeleon’s range of candles allow you to inhabit the sensory world that suits your mood, whether it’s the Art Deco vibes of Miami Beach, a retreat into the comfort of your favourite woodland setting, or a sense of fun and escapism with a bold and sexy leopard print.
Our ever-expanding range of candles is developed to provide thoughtful gifts that suit the character and mood of every recipient.
Tell us about the products you have entered
Candlemeleon’s Miami Art Deco candle is influenced by the architectural wonders of South Beach. As you run your fingers around the dark green vase, you will be able to feel the geometric forms that are waiting to be revealed.
Once alight, and as the woodwick crackles, fragrances of bergamot, lavender and sub-tropical fruits, all tempered by a vintage musk, will infuse the air. And as the candle warms and the wax melts, the geometrical patterns in symmetrical arrangements will be unveiled in sleek gold lines, quickstepping you back to the Roaring 20s. It’s time to let loose and sip on that Sidecar cocktail.
Why did you choose to enter the GOTY competition? have you entered in the past and has it helped your brand grow?
Candles are a regular on the gifting scene, but they can often be regarded as an unthinking gift. After all, that’s why they’re bought: we don’t really know what to get you, so this is neutral.
But we want candles to be seen as a thoughtful gift: one that captures a mood and that suits the characteristics of any recipient. And we believe that we have developed a product that fulfils that by being beautifully gift-able, innovative and fun.
We are hopeful that GOTY will be a great platform to elevate and champion our brand to potential buyers and retailers.
This is the first year we have entered.
What other products will you be bringing to market in 2023
Candlemeleon will be bringing a range of new designs and scents to join our existing portfolio. We are also looking into new sizes, including a larger, 400g candle and mini candle gift sets.
Where can your products be purchased Candlemeleon candles can be purchased at selected, independent stores as well as on our website, www.candlemeleon.com
Instagram handle @candlemeleon
Facebook handle @candlemeleonUK